Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rooftop Rose

As I was knitting away on my rooftop tonight, with a glass of wine and NYC as my backdrop, I was suddenly comforted with this great gust of garlic.   I quickly realized this is just one of the reasons I love being back in NY.  Garlic is in the air!  It's also the month when the San Gennaro Feast and other Italian festivals pop up all over this area and frankly- I love it! Garlic is known for a number of medicinal uses such as warding off colds, the flu and Vampires.  It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that our bodies appear unable to build up resistance to un-like pharmaceutical antibiotics.  It supplies great amounts of Vitamin C , B6 and Maganese- an important mineral for cardio vascular health.  So enjoy the tasty benefits of the amazing stinking rose-Cheers! to your health, and so much more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment